The VSWGA has a Junior Golf committee to coordinate efforts to promote the game, especially among youth in Vermont. Money raised by the Closest to the Pin contests at every State Day is donated to the Vermont Golf Association Scholarship Fund as well as to instructional programs for juniors throughout the state. In 2020 the VSWGA raised $2072 for Junior Golf; $2147 was raised in 2019.
VSWGA membership is now free to all Junior members, as is registration for the State Amateur Championship. Juniors may also register for a free GHIN card through the Vermont Golf Association. A Junior is a resident of the state of Vermont who has not reached their 19th birthday by the day of the tournament. A Junior of 18 years of age is eligible only if they have not yet begun their first semester of college. A Junior does not have to be a member of a VSWGA member club.
Junior Girl Golfers have access to:
- Free or reduced-rate lessons and golf camp tuition*
- Free or reduced rate greens fees at local courses
- Free used equipment donated through our ongoing equipment drive
- Mentorship with experienced women golfers throughout the state
- Free USGA Golf Handicap Index (GHIN) registration: Establish an official, internationally-recognized golf handicap updated continuously over the entire life of your game!
- Free or reduced-rate access to statewide tournaments throughout the summer season: Weekly Tuesday “State Days” offered at three regional (north, central, south) courses; Annual State and Regional Amateur Tournaments
- Scholarships: Every year the VSWGA, in association with the Vermont Golf Association (VGA), awards 10 scholarships of $1000 each for four years to Vermont Junior golfers attending colleges, universities and tech schools.
To join VSWGA or renew your membership, visit Golf Genius and create a profile or log in and select “Membership Payment” or fill out the Membership Application and mail to VSWGA.
Contact Lauri Brown lauribrown2 [at] myfairpoint.net or email@example.com for more information.
2021 Vermont Junior Tour
The Vermont Golf Association and the Vermont PGA are excited to announce the Vermont Junior Tour 2021 schedule. The VGA and the VTPGA are teaming up to bring all of our junior golfers a fantastic summer season full of great events at wonderful courses. The Vermont Junior Tour is open to all junior golfers (boys and girls) 18 and under with an active GHIN handicap at a Vermont Club and have paid their 2021 Vermont Junior Tour membership. Open registration for the Junior Tour Membership and Junior Tour events begins April 1st, 2021. Read more
2020 PGA Jr. Leagues Available in Vermont
PGA Junior Leagues in Vermont
In 2020, 14 clubs around the state hosted junior leagues. Learn more and sign up! The Vermont Golf Association assembled a list of summer youth golf programs around the state taught by PGA professionals:
|The PGA Jr. League is full of PGA and LPGA professionals who are committed to putting safety first and creating fun inclusive experiences for every child as a golfer. PGA Jr. League is open to both boys and girls, 17 and under, of all skill levels and abilities. During the course of one PGA Jr. League game, teams play four 9-hole matches in a two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team concept and creating a nurturing environment for learning the game. You and your kids will share in this awesome opportunity to learn and play golf in a relaxed team environment. PGA Jr. League is all about fun! Need a visual to understand what makes this program so fun? Click here to watch a PGA Jr. League animated short with your kids to learn more!|
Check out the list of programs offered at courses around the state. Click the course logo to create a profile and register for a PGA Jr. League near you! Visit PGAjrleague.com to learn even more! We hope to see you out there!