The VSWGA has a junior golf committee to coordinate efforts to promote the game, especially among girls in Vermont. Half the revenue from the Closest to the Pin contests at every State Day is donated to the Vermont Golf Association Scholarship fund and to instructional programs for juniors throughout the state. In 2020 the VSWGA raised $2072 for Junior Golf; $2147 was raised in 2019. Membership to the VSWGA is now free to all junior members, 18 or younger, and discounted or free Amateur Championship fees are available.
PGA Junior Leagues in Vermont
14 clubs around the state are hosting junior leagues this summer. Learn more and sign up!
Junior Girl Golfers have access to:
- Free or reduced-rate lessons and golf camp tuition*
- Free or reduced rate greens fees at local courses
- Free used equipment donated through our ongoing equipment drive
- Mentorship with experienced women golfers throughout the state
- Free USGA Golf Handicap Index (GHIN) registration: Establish an official, internationally-recognized golf handicap updated continuously over the entire life of your game!
- Free or reduced-rate access to statewide tournaments throughout the summer season: Weekly Tuesday “State Days” offered at three regional (north, central, south) courses; Annual State and Regional Amateur Tournaments
- Scholarships: Every year the VSWGA, in association with the Vermont Golf Association (VGA), awards 10 scholarships of $1000 each for four years to Vermont Junior golfers attending colleges, universities and tech schools.
To join VSWGA or renew your membership, visit Golf Genius and create a profile or log in and select “Membership Payment” or fill out the Membership Application and mail to VSWGA.
Contact Lauri Brown lauribrown2 [at] myfairpoint.net or email@example.com for more information.
PGA Jr. Leagues Available in Vermont
|The PGA Jr. League is full of PGA and LPGA professionals who are committed to putting safety first and creating fun inclusive experiences for every child as a golfer. PGA Jr. League is open to both boys and girls, 17 and under, of all skill levels and abilities. During the course of one PGA Jr. League game, teams play four 9-hole matches in a two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team concept and creating a nurturing environment for learning the game.You and your kids will share in this awesome opportunity to learn and play golf in a relaxed team environment. PGA Jr. League is all about fun! Need a visual to understand what makes this program so fun? Click here to watch a PGA Jr. League animated short with your kids to learn more!|
Check out the list of programs offered at courses around the state. Click the course logo to create a profile and register for a PGA Jr. League near you! Visit PGAjrleague.com to learn even more! We hope to see you out there!