To increase interest in State Day events, the option to bring a Guest will be offered at many events in 2023 as long as there is space available for all VSWGA members that want to play.
- Small to midsize events that did not fill in 2022 will have guest registration available when registration opens three Fridays before the event in the 2023 season.
- Popular events will be assessed by Friday at noon before the event, if there is space available, guest registration will be opened at that time.
- Members will take precedence for registration until Friday at noon before the event.
The registration fee will be double the cost of a member’s fee. (i.e. instead of $10, $20.) However, if the guest joins the VSWGA after playing, they will be refunded the difference.
- The Guest must have an active GHIN card (VT GHIN not required).
- The Guest must create a profile in the Golf Genius system.
- The Guest must play with a VSWGA Member.
The VSWGA Member directs the Guest to create a profile in Golf Genius, the Administrator activates the Guest in Golf Genius, and then the VSWGA Member registers their Guest (may bring up to 3 per event) using the Golf Genius registration process. The number of participants in an event will be monitored and the Member may be notified that guest space is unavailable for the requested event if it fills with current members.