Welcome to the 2023 Season!
We are busy getting ready for an exciting 2023! It is an honor to lead our prestigious VSWGA another year. Thanks to our members, volunteers, and our present and past board members for your continuing support of our organization.
I’m very proud of our successes last year, providing more opportunities, with increased energy, leading to more meaningful engagement for all our members.
Here are some of the amazing things that went on in 2022:
Amy Mason joined the VSWGA as the administrator and fit perfectly in her new position. She conducted 20 training sessions on Golf Genius and tournament procedures, ensuring that our 43 Club reps were trained and ready for the season.
- Junior golf is stronger; we hosted 8 Juniors in the State Amateur Championship.
- We supported 8 on-course ratings, helping to ensure the forward tees are fairly rated.
- Our ranks swelled to a total of 459 members, 81 of which were new in 2022.
- Together we played 2711 rounds of golf.
- Our Pace of Play Initiative made an impact improving the average time per state day with no five-hour rounds.
- Through Golf Genius, we implemented “Book your own tee times” at state days, giving members more control over tee times and playing partners.
- The Visionary Committee is going strong, planning for long-term health and future of the organization.
- We have a strong engagement and increased collaboration with the VGA.
- The major tournament participation numbers have had a resurgence.
- Many first-time competitors joined us in 2022.
New for 2023, the VSWGA has increased playing fees for the first time in a number of years. See the Registration page for details.
Through our regular newsletters, we will continue to educate and increase awareness of key elements that make for a great day out on the course. Look to your inbox in the coming months for more information regarding our continued work with Pace of Play and focus on Rules of Golf education.
I look forward to seeing you out on the links!
Linda Jane Parson