Hello VSWGA players,
The red-winged blackbirds are screeching at high pitch and the geese are heading north. Can golf season be far away?
AM I A MEMBER? ARE YOU A MEMBER?
Have you renewed your membership for the 2023 season?
- If you have joined or renewed your membership, then thank you once again and welcome to the 2023 season.
- If you have not yet renewed your membership, then rejoin now so you won’t miss a thing! Make your payment online here or if you want to go old-school, click here to download the Membership Form, write your check, and drop it in the mail.
- If you have any questions, reach out so we can sort things out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re at it, get your friends to join this year. Remember that:
- New Members receive a $10 discount on their first year membership with the VSWGA.
- Club Reps, Junior Golfers under 19 years old, and Seniors who will be 80 or older during the 2023 season receive free membership.
- All renewing members, please remember to update your club affiliation, address, and any other profile information. Without the right address, we can’t send you fun things like the amazing 2023 Handbook as well as all your end-of-season Award Certificates.
Our goal is to have 500 members this year, so join up and get your friends to join too! Already we have 30 new members for 2023!
New Member Orientation: Join us on Zoom on April 4 at 5:30pm. If you are a new member or were a new member last year, you are welcome to attend. Please check your email for zoom info.
IS YOUR VERMONT GHIN ACTIVE?
To play in any of the VSWGA events you must have a GHIN from either a club that is a member of the VSWGA or a Lakeside (virtual) membership. Please make sure to check that your Vermont-based GHIN is active as you’ll need that to register for events.
How to check your GHIN status: Go to the GHIN Mobile app/Golfer Lookup and put in your GHIN number. If it pulls you up, your GHIN is active. If not, you need to contact your member club. You can find the GHIN Mobile app at your APP store by typing in “GHIN”. You can also contact your Pro shop and have them check.
We kick off our State Day season at Burlington on Tuesday May 2nd. That’s only 32 days away from now!
New this year: registration for state day events will open three weeks prior to the date of events. You can see the full list of event dates and register in your Golf Genius App or online at: https://vswga.org/state-days/2023-state-days-schedule-and-results/. And remember that you can now pick your own tee time when you register by going to the VSWGA.org website and clicking on the green ‘register‘ button.
- Tuesday, May 2 – Burlington Country Club and Brattleboro Country Club State Days open for registration on April 7 @ 6:00 a.m. and close for pairing on Thursday, April 27 at noon.
- Monday, May 8 – Links at Lang Farm State Day opens for registration on April 14 @ 6:00 a.m. and closes for pairing on Thursday, May 4 @ noon.
- Tuesday, May 9 – Alburg State Day opens for registration on April 21 @ 6:00 a.m. and closes for pairing on Thursday, May 4 @ noon.
DON’T FORGET THE MAJORS!
The VSWGA offers 5 majors in 2023. So mark your calendars:
- Amateur Championship @ Mt. Anthony Country Club, Bennington, VT — Monday-Wednesday, July 31, August 1 & 2, 2023
- Mid-Amateur Championship @ Neshobe Golf Club, Brandon, VT — Saturday-Sunday, September 23-24, 2023
- Senior Championship @ Williston Golf Club, Williston, VT — Tuesday – Wednesday, July 11-12, 2023
- Tri-State Championship @ Martindale Country Club, Auburn, ME — Tuesday-Wednesday, June 13-14, 2023 (registration now open)
- 2023 New England Golf Association Women’s Championship @ Manchester Country Club, Manchester CT — Monday – Wednesday June 12 – June 14, 2023 (yes, this are the same dates as Tri-States)
If you aren’t playing, we are always looking for volunteers to help out at these events. If you would like to help, drop us a line at email@example.com.
CLUB REPS, HAVE WE GOT A ZOOM FOR YOU
First off, you’re awesome! Thank you Reps. Second off, Amy Mason will be offering Club Rep Trainings on Zoom twice more in April. Pick one to join and come with all your questions. It’ll be fun!
- April 12th 5:00 to 6:15 p.m.
- Monday April 24th 5:00 to 6:15 p.m.
WANT AN EXCUSE TO EXPLORE THE GREAT STATE OF VERMONT?
YOU NEED THE NEW MAP.
Accept the Green Mountain Challenge, letting us know when you’ve played 15 or more courses during our State Days or Majors. But don’t stop there…there are 52 courses to play.
NOTE: our intrepid map makers went a little off course when making the Green Mountain Challenge map that came in your Handbook. Even we have to confess it’s a little wonky. Print out this updated version of the map and you won’t get lost planning your adventures!
RULES. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE RULES.
In the recent match play event, did you notice Scottie Scheffler taking free relief from a sprinkler head in line with his putt even though he was just off the green? Good thing he knew the rules (and especially the local rules). That’s why it pays to read the handout you get at the start of any competition.
Check out this month’s (totally anonymous) rules quiz and test your knowledge.
Or if you really want to go down the USGA Rules Rabbit Hole, start your journey here.
If you have any questions or concerns prior to the season start, do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 24 hours.
Dust off your golf clubs, maybe get them re-gripped, so you’ll be ready for a great season!